What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We handle the following types of personal data when voluntarily submitted by you:
- Contact information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address.
- Payment information such as credit card number and expiration date.
- Job Applications: Information about your education, age, work and military history, citizenship or legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you wish to apply.
Depending on the cookie settings that you select on our site, we may collect the following information, through cookies (technology that reads and writes data on your browser) or similar technology, when you visit our website:
- Name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the type and settings of the Internet browser and operating system you use, the IP address of your device, the date and time you access the Web site, the Internet address of the Web site from which you link to our Website, unique browser identifiers, device identifiers (such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID), geolocation, other device information, Internet connection information, as well as details about your interactions with our website.
For What Purposes Do We Use Personal Data?
- We may use your personal data for the following purposes depending on the context in which you provided it:
- Responding to your inquiry, considering your request, evaluating your job application or filling your order.
- Maintaining, securing, customizing and improving our Web site.
- Sending you promotional materials from us or our third-party associates unless you opt out of receiving such materials.
- Exercising our legal rights, defending and advancing our legal interests, complying with our legal obligations, and protecting against fraudulent, harmful and illegal activity.
- Maintaining our IT systems with infrastructure backups and testing.
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business in other ways, including through analysis and research.
To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Data?
We disclose personal data only in the following scenarios:
- We may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities under appropriate circumstances, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate for the health and safety of any person, to prevent harm or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- We may disclose personal data to service providers that assist us with the use and disclosure of personal data described in this policy. Examples include payroll and management administration companies, data backup companies, email service providers and technical support providers.
- We may transfer personal data in connection with a corporate transaction, business sale, merger, consolidation, divesture, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization, or as part of a pre-transaction review in relation to these transactions. We will only do so in accordance with applicable law.
How Long Do We Keep Personal Data?
If you have entered into a commercial contract with us, we retain your personal data for as long as the contract is in effect and until any legal rights or obligations related to that contract have expired. If you submit an inquiry to us, we retain your personal data for around 1 year after we have responded to your inquiry. If you have signed up for promotional information from us, we retain your personal data until you have unsubscribed, after which we retain a record of your decision to unsubscribe so that we can honor your decision. We also retain personal data for as long as applicable laws require us to retain the personal data or for as long as it is relevant to the resolution of any legal claim that may or has been made by or against us. Where more than one of the above conditions applies to personal data, the condition associated with the longest retention period prevails.
Your Rights and Choices
Individuals in certain jurisdictions have legal rights to obtain confirmation of whether we hold personal data about them, to access personal data we hold about them (including, in some cases, in portable form), and to obtain its source, correction, purpose of collection, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. They may also object to our uses or disclosures of personal data, request a restriction on its processing, or withdraw any consent, though such actions typically will not have retroactive effect. They also will not affect our ability to continue processing data in lawful ways.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will try to resolve your concern.
What Cookies Do We Use?
|Third Party Cookie||Purpose|
|Google Analytics||User journey/ conversion tracking|
|Google Search Console||User journey/ conversion tracking|
|Salesforce||Customer/lead generation tracking|
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards intended to protect your personal information. You should be aware, however, that no transmission over the Internet, and no electronic data storage method is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal information you provide to us either during its transmission or its storage on the servers we use for this Web site.
How to Contact Us
To exercise your rights under applicable privacy law, to raise a privacy concern, or to make a data-related request, please submit your request at the email address below or contact us at the phone number below. Any requests to exercise your privacy rights or make a data-related request must be in writing and include your name and address and any other information that may identify you. For certain requests, you must also provide information that we reasonably request from you so that we can verify your identity.
e-mail legal (at) microvision.com
phone at (425)-936-6847.