1. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We handle the following types of personal data when voluntarily submitted by you:
- Contact information such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address.
- Payment information such as credit card number and expiration date.
- Job Applications: When submitting job applications to MicroVision, information about your education, age, work and military history, citizenship or legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you wish to apply. Please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice for more details. If you submit your job application via a third-party recruiting platform or service provider, please refer to that party’s privacy disclosures for information about how that third party processes your personal data.
Depending on the cookie settings that you select on our site, we may collect the following information, through cookies (technology that reads and writes data on your browser) or similar technology, when you visit our website:
- Name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, the type and settings of the Internet browser and operating system you use, the IP address of your device, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of the Website from which you link to our Website, unique browser identifiers, device identifiers (such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID), geolocation, other device information, Internet connection information, as well as details about your interactions with our website.
2. For What Purposes Do We Use Personal Data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes depending on the context in which you provided it:
- Responding to your inquiry, considering your request, evaluating your job application or filling your order.
- Maintaining, securing, customizing and improving our Website.
- Exercising our legal rights, defending and advancing our legal interests, complying with our legal obligations, and protecting against fraudulent, harmful and illegal activity.
- Maintaining our IT systems with infrastructure backups and testing.
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business in other ways, including through analysis and research.
3. To Whom Do We Disclose Personal Data?
We disclose personal data only in the following scenarios:
- We may disclose personal data about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) to law enforcement authorities under appropriate circumstances, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate for the health and safety of any person, to prevent harm or loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- We may disclose personal data to service providers that assist us with the use and disclosure of personal data described in this policy. Examples include payroll and management administration companies, data backup companies, email service providers and technical support providers.
- We may transfer personal data in connection with a corporate transaction, business sale, merger, consolidation, divesture, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, bankruptcy, liquidation or reorganization, or as part of a pre-transaction review in relation to these transactions. We will only do so in accordance with applicable law.
4. How Long Do We Keep Personal Data?
If you have entered into a commercial contract with us, we retain your personal data for as long as the contract is in effect and until any legal rights or obligations related to that contract have expired. If you submit an inquiry to us, we retain your personal data for around 1 year after we have responded to your inquiry. If you have signed up for promotional information from us, we retain your personal data until you have unsubscribed, after which we retain a record of your decision to unsubscribe so that we can honor your decision. We also retain personal data for as long as applicable laws require us to retain the personal data or for as long as it is relevant to the resolution of any legal claim that may or has been made by or against us. Where more than one of the above conditions applies to personal data, the condition associated with the longest retention period prevails.
5. Your Rights and Choices
To exercise any of the above rights or choices (or any other rights under applicable law), please contact us at privacy (at) microvision.com.
The rights and options described above are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority. However, we encourage you to contact us first, and we will try to resolve your concern.
7. What Cookies Do We Use?
We use the third-party cookies listed on the table below to personalize your experience, including advertising and targeted content, analyze user trends, and improve the Website. These cookies allow us to collect information regarding your internet connection, your device type and identifier, operating system and browser type, time spent on our websites, pages visited, geographic location, and other data. These cookies also allow us to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services to tailor our products, services, and advertising to you.
Third Party Cookie
User journey/ conversion tracking
Google Search Console
User journey/ conversion tracking
Customer/lead generation tracking
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards intended to protect your personal information. You should be aware, however, that no transmission over the Internet, and no electronic data storage method is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal information you provide to us either during its transmission or its storage on the servers we use for this Website.
9. How to Contact Us
To exercise your rights under applicable privacy law, to raise a privacy concern, or to make a data-related request, please submit your request at the email address below or contact us at the phone number below. Any requests to exercise your privacy rights or make a data-related request must be in writing and include your name and address and any other information that may identify you. For certain requests, you must also provide information that we reasonably request from you so that we can verify your identity.
E-mail privacy (at) microvision.com
Phone at (425)-936-6847